A major UK Managed Service Brand requires a Solution Architect to work within a vibrant IT Solutions Team supporting the Sales organisation on major opportunities for both existing and new clients.
The role involves:
- Working with customers to understand, document and define requirements.
- Working with third parties suppliers, partners and internal support teams to deliver robust, repeatable, cost effective solutions.
- Proactively working with customer stakeholders to create cases for change and providing content to enable successful, priced solutions.
- Designing solutions that deliver tangible business outcomes and directly align to the Strategic Vision.
- Developing new, innovative business ideas that deliver tangible business benefits through performance or increased efficiencies.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders throughout the customers’ business
- Working with customers to understand, define and document requirements
- Working with the wider team, producing fully costed solutions that may include people, process and technology
- Producing business cases and roadmaps for change
- Suggesting innovation or alternative ways of working that have business or commercial benefit
- Designing solutions at a high level
- Architecturally guiding and supporting delivery teams
Effective solutions and Architectures
- Contribute to the development of Architectural principles & standards
- Ensure new solutions adhere to Architectural principles & standards such as technology reuse, value for money and consolidation
- Contribute to the development of systems architectures.
- Provide Architectural support and guidance as part of project activity – ensuring projects align to design principles and standards
- Work with internal teams to support effective management of operational availability, including the performance of infrastructure, capacity, availability, installations & upgrades.
Effective IT Platforms
- Work with internal teams to design systems that meet service levels and support procedures are complied with.
- Advise and support Technical Architects, SMEs and BAU staff on the delivery of solutions
- Ensure that project designs, change requests or deviations from specifications re impacted and managed accordingly.
- An understanding of Architecture & project methodologies such as TOGAF & PRINCEII
- Experience of creating compelling business cases or requests for change.
- Experience in creating high level solutions that include people, process and technology.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to apply methodical and logical approach to solutioning and problem solving.
- A ‘self-starter’ and be able to manage both pro-active and reactive situations.
- A good working knowledge of different technologies of cloud, datacentres, server and network infrastructures, and end user computing.
- Experience of working within both Public and Private sectors
- Awareness and ability to maintain effective relationships.
- Understanding of customer care principles, systems and methods.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic & a team player.
- Committed to providing high-quality service and meeting deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet workload demands.
- Competitive salary & flex bens
- National / Home based