You will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle working closely across the team from concept, requirement gathering, specification, design, implementation, documentation, testing and maintenance. You will design, develop and maintain software applications and systems as part of an Agile team. This is an important role in an Agile Software section from both a technical and process perspective.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the team with a focus on software excellence
- Hold accountability for the software you produce.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practice and code within your team.
- Design and develop new product functionality within the context of an Agile software delivery team.
- Apply hands on best practice to your team’s code.
- Collaborate with your peers on Technical direction within your team.
- Hands on experience in an Agile delivery team using industry best of breed technology and techniques within a digital focused organisation.
- Degree in Numerate Subject or equivalent industry experience essential.
- Excellent knowledge of a compiled language.
- Good experience of scripting or interpreted language.
- Confident across Data gathering and visualisation techniques.
- Confident with structured and unstructured Data storage.
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- £50k-£65k basic DOE + Bens