Our client is an independent Cloud Security / Kubernetes Consultancy who are an ever-growing reputable organisation. Due to continued success and increased customer demand they are once again looking to add quality to the team.
As a Senior Cloud Security Architect, you will represent both the technical and cultural values of the business, leading customers by example in the complex and fast-changing world of cloud native technology whilst having a strategic responsibility for business evolution.
With an organisational strategy that makes working remotely the primary option, our client can genuinely offer an employee-centric, honest, agile, supportive and collaborative working culture enabling a good work life balance.
This is great opportunity for someone who wants to make full use of their expertise as well further develop their technical abilities coupled with realistic career prospects.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Operating as a Senior Cloud Security Consultant, this role is a mixture of strategy and architecture as well as being an SME for the wider business.
- Full leadership on new client engagements, supporting and directing cross-functional projects.
- Leading the customers through the complex and ever-changing cloud native technology.
- You will use Threat Models to drive and refine the architecture definition.
- Design and implementing robust, scalable and secure system architecture, working closely with the DevSecOps team.
- A combination of client consulting and internal labs projects.
- Mentoring and development of other team members.
- Support the Management teams in the preparation of documents / proposals / statement of work and other modes of business development relating back the organisations key pillars of revenue (Training, Security Consulting, Products).
- Ensure that you keep up-to-date with best practice and current trends / thinking in core areas of expertise, develop insights and contribute to the sharing of best practice with internal and external audiences.
- Ensure regular, clear and diligent communication across senior business stakeholders, within the team and wider management.
- There is also an expectation to contribute to Open Source projects, where the consultancy have been a key influence and major contributor over recent years.
- Previous experience at Senior or Managing grading.
- Expert knowledge of designing and implementation of Cloud Native Security Architectures –(AWS, GCP, AZURE).
- Strong level of experience of Threat Modelling and related frameworks (STRIDE, Attack Tree, MITRE ATT&CK, Kill-Chain)
- Knowledge and experience using hardening guides, compliance and risk management standards.
- You will possess the gravitas to confidently work at board level around business improvement and sometimes in challenging business environments.
- Proven ability to communicate complex information, concepts and/or ideas in a confident, well organised professional manner.
Additional but not essential:
- DevSecOps principles and practices.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Kubernetes and Containers (OpenShift, EKS and GKE).
- Knowledge and/or experience of Enterprise tools (Twistlock, Prisma and Aqua).
- Knowledge and/or experience of Open Source Tools ( Falco, Kube-hunter and Kube Bench)
- Java and/or Python.
- Part of a growing, technology focused organisation, where you would be a valued member of this collaborative and support team.
- Competitive basic salary.
- Team and individual bonus.
- Remote working flexibility, UK based only.
- Further training and development opportunities.
- Individual training budget for personal development.