Our client is one of the largest independent security services companies in the UK. As a Security Consultant, specialising in Threat & Risk, you will be responsible for defining technical countermeasures in response to changes in the cyber risk landscape.
Operating as a Threat Modeller (amongst other responsibilities) across various sectors, you will combine Intelligence Analysis with developing Detective Controls and Analytics to provide a Risk-based Response to the Threat landscape.
This role will provide you with great opportunity to work with different clients and projects and continue your practical application of IT Security best practice and technology usage with training & further development opportunities from day one.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- You will have the combined ability to think like an attacker with a rigorous approach to identifying the most effective countermeasures- For example through: Hunting, Decoys, Detection analytics or technical policy controls.
- Planning and leading execution of change roadmap. Automated used case deployment, network visibility, response automation and threat intelligence.
- Enabling customers to detect threats in cloud, on-prem and enterprise with production of threat models, data profiling and use case management.
- Implementation of advanced techniques such as APT detections, containment, remediation, threat intelligence, contextual analysis, automation and orchestrating the collection and use of security controls.
- Driving customer engagements from a strategic level to increase security maturity and solidify consulting presence.
- Demonstrable track record of experience of Threat Intelligence, Threat Management and/or Threat Modelling. (STRIDE, IDDIL/ ATC, Attack Tree, MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain or ODNI CTF etc.)
- Experience of use case development. (Based on MITRE ATT&CK and NIST Frameworks).
- Experience in making recommendations around logging and monitoring (sensors).
- Proven ability to communicate complex information, concepts and/or ideas in a confident, well organised professional manner.
- Knowledge of network security architecture, computer network concepts & protocols and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of host-based security products and how those products affect exploitations and reduce vulnerability.
- Ability to think critically and recognise and mitigate cognitive biases which may affect analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of Risk Management processes. (Methods of assessing and mitigating risk).
- Up to date knowledge of Cyber Threats and common Vulnerabilities.
- An understanding of SIEM tools (Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm preferably).
- Strong working knowledge of Countermeasure design for identified security risks.
- Ability to assess/ evaluate adequacy of a security designs.
- Skills in assessing security controls based on cyber security principles and tenets.
- Competitive Basic, Bonus and Bens.
- Remote working UK. Various office locations.