Working for a global Software company, responsible for actively engaging with customers, alongside the Sales Team, the Presales Technical Lead must be able to articulate the company’s technology, services and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users. Primarily engaged in a presales technical consultancy capacity, the Presales Technical Lead will provide technical direction and guidance during the presales process, by identifying customers technical and business requirements prior to designing a solution for a bid or proposal, then consulting with the Architecture capability and wider technical teams about suitable solutions, and supporting the Sales Team, Bid Team and technical contributors to develop winning bids and proposals.
The Presales Technical Lead will be responsible for coaching and mentoring Solution Architects and Technical Architects in presales technical consultancy skills, to ensure they are better able to develop compelling technical solutions for bids and proposals that both delight customers and improve win rate. The candidate will have line management responsibility for a team of Solution and Technical Architects.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Attend pre sales meetings with potential clients to determine technical and business requirements, ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution for a bid or proposal.
- Direct the preparation and assist with the delivery of presales presentations for major opportunities, ensuring the presented solution and approach is tailored to the client need.
- Line management of Solution and Technical Architects.
- Direct and support the Architecture capability and wider technical teams to develop suitable technical solutions for bids and proposals in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the Solution and Technical Architects (and wider technical community) in presales technical consultancy, to ensure they are better able to develop compelling technical solutions for bids and proposals that both delight customers and improve win rate.
- Ensure that demonstrations developed using platforms and accelerators are relevant to and specifically address a potential client’s business need.
- Work with Product Leads to feedback on issues with current products and propositions, and provide input around new products.
- Interface with the implementation / project teams for key projects, articulating the customer requirement, to ensure a smooth transition from Sales to Delivery.
- Share market feedback on products and services with the marketing team.
- Assist with or direct the creation of technical detail for use in marketing collateral.
- Establish and embed appropriate technical governance into the bid process.
- Leads architectural governance activities for major bids/projects.
- Overall accountability for technical solutions in bids.
- Experienced in technical presales consultancy with a proven track record of leading the technical solutions in winning bids for multi-million pound technology projects.
- Customer focus and commitment to providing high-quality services and solutions.
- Creative and innovative in terms of finding opportunities to deliver customer success.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with impact and clarity.
- An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management.
- Adaptable to changing business and customer needs.
- Proactive approach, Self-motivated, Flexible and Enthusiastic.
- Willing to travel throughout the sales territories
- Excellent salary, bonus & flex bens