As a Licensing Sales Manager you will provide subject matter expertise and sales focus to the Customer Sales Team in order to drive sales and growth for software licensing contracts to both new and existing customers. Protect the renewal of software licensing agreements where the company is the incumbent; for example Enterprise Agreements. Drive upsell and cross-sell of cloud technologies to the established customer base, such as Azure and Office 365. Support the development of strategic partnerships including joint plans.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Delivery of fiscal targets by supporting sales team in an overlay capacity.
- Achieve a target of new Microsoft EA’s/SCE’s signed.
- Drive and ensure renewal of all EA contracts.
- Ensure processes are followed to maximize retained fee/rebate income from Microsoft.
- Upsell existing EA customers to Office 365 and Azure through driving specific activity/campaigns.
- Provide expertise and licensing support for all variants of Microsoft Licensing and Tier 1 software vendor licensing programmes, across all sectors.
- Offer a consultative and advisory approach to customers to provide optimal licensing approaches and solutions
- Lead software licensing training of Sales teams.
- Disseminate major software licence change communications to the business and customers in a timely manner.
- Expert Microsoft and other Tier 1 software vendor licensing knowledge (or the ability to develop knowledge within 3 months)
- Highly numerate and strong commercial understanding.
- Process oriented with logical mindset and an outstanding attention to detail.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, with strong influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and highly driven.
- Proven team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze a customer’s estate and technology deployments/requirements to then recommend an appropriate and detailed licensing solution and articulate that solution to a customer with clear reasoning.
- Current ‘Licensing for Large Organisations’ Microsoft MCP
- Managing the end-to-end Sales cycle for major Microsoft contracts, such as Enterprise Agreements, EA Subscriptions and SCE’s –from the first discussion through to an active contract.
- External facing Sales/Pre-Sales experience.
- £50k basic + car allowance + significant OTE
- Various – field