Working for an SI on a key enterprise account, as an Information Security Architect you will work across information security and risk management and with all information technology functions to ensure public and private cloud infrastructures are designed and implemented as per defined policies, standards and industry good practices. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with deep technical skills and, more importantly, a pragmatist who can think outside the box. The individual must be highly collaborative as they will need to influence functional leadership, project and application managers, other architects, engineers and developers.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
In addition to accountabilities listed above in the role overview:
- Develops and maintains infrastructure security capability roadmap and strategy across Private & Public Cloud with specific focus on Backup & Restore services
- Drives new technology/product/solution evaluations and identifies specific security technology standards for Public & Private Cloud Backup & Restore services
- Will have to wear engineering hat regularly and drive product/solution Proof of Concept with other security architects/engineers
- Identifies and develop new infrastructure security design patterns including Backup & Restore services
- Provides in depth expertise to Cloud and Infrastructure platform security topics
- Identifies major security related deficiencies and defines/designs the official pragmatic approaches on how to remediate them at scale
- Collaborates closely with other Security Architects and IT Architects on Security related matters
- Solution oriented, can define various pragmatic alternatives leading to appropriate backup & restore security results
- Reports on backup & restore security status across company periodically and is responsible for maintaining a clear risk acceptance/remediation level
- Designs and signs off on all Backup & Restore security requirements for official solutions
- As the role is part of a global organisation, willingness for required travelling is important.
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of Linux/Windows systems/network administration experience
- 5+ years of experience in deployment/implementation of various backup tools/technologies from vendors like CommVault or IBM or NetApp
- 4+ years as information security architect
- 1+ years as AWS or Azure security architect (IaaS/PaaS)
- At least 5+ years of experience of working in or providing IT services to a large enterprise
- Should demonstrate leadership skills: >2 years’ experience in management or lead positions in a matrix organization
- Experience in reporting to and communicating with senior level management (with and without IT background, with and without in depth risk management background) on information risk topics
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of general IT infrastructure technology, systems and management processes
- Experience of sourcing complex IT services, working closely with vendors and making full use of their capabilities
- Proven experience to initiate and manage projects that will affect other divisions, departments and functions, as well as the corporate environment.
- Good understanding and knowledge of regulated industries, preferably pharmaceutical industry. Good understanding and knowledge of business processes in a global industry, preferably pharmaceutical industry
SKILLS/JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE
- Good mediation and facilitation skills
- Good knowledge of IT Project Management
- Experience with compliance requirements (e.g. SOX, GxQ / CSV, E-compliance, Records Management, Privacy).
- Knowledge of (information) risk management related standards or frameworks such as COSO, ISO 2700x, CobiT, ISO 24762, BS 25999, NIST, ISF Standard of Good Practice and ITIL
- Good understanding of network design, dataenter design, perimeter design, LAN design, WAN design, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewall Rule Management, Deep Packet Inspection, Packet Capure and interpretation of packet capture, Web Application Firewalls, Network Based attacks and Detection Techniques
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Ability to handle competing priorities, and seeking consensus when stakeholders have different or even contradicting opinions.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English
- University working and thinking level, degree in business/technical/scientific area or comparable education/experience
- CISSP and AWS or Azure architect certification
- Vendor specific Backup & Restore product certifications from Commvault or IBM or NetApp
- Professional information security certification, such as CISM or ISO 27001 auditor / practitioner is preferred. Professional (information system) risk or audit certification such as CIA, CISA or CRISC is preferred
- Contractor – competitive rate