Working for a global MSSP & Professional Services Company, the business has the ambition to be the leading independent provider of cyber security services in the UK. Whilst the supply base is crowded, there is space for a mid-market security integrator, known for outstanding customer service and independent and trusted advice that offers a ‘one stop shop’ for clients’ cyber security needs.
The company is seeking a Head of Pre-sales, to act as their most senior security solutions architect. The cyber security market is complicated and dynamic, with ever changing technical solutions being offered to customers by competitors. Leading the pre-sales function, you will build an understanding of clients’ cyber security needs, using a consultative approach to build trust with them to help them cut through this complicated landscape.
Working closely with the sales team, you will lead the technical pre-sales support by attending new business sales meetings with potential customers and ensuring the technical solutions are compelling, tailored to the customers’ needs based on a standard set of service offerings, whilst being commercially viable for the company and compelling to the customers.
You’ll lead demonstrations to clients, create clear and concise pre-sales documentation including pre-sales requests and tender documentation.
You’ll work closely with the managed services team and the Chief Innovation Officer to ensure solutions are correctly packaged from standard offerings and priced to achieve profitability while remaining highly competitive and provide input into defining the requirements for new and emerging technologies to be used as part of current and future service offerings.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with the sales team and potential customers to gain a clear understanding of their requirements and ensure this is documented clearly and concisely
- Use your technical knowledge and commercial expertise to create security solutions to fit the customers’ requirements in a cost-effective way
- Create clear and concise pre-sales documentation including security solution specifications and tender documentation
- Accurately scope the solution/service for the customer, based on standardised service offerings, to ensure there is total clarity on what is included and what is not
- Attend customer sales meetings to explain technical solutions to customers and build their trust
- Working with the managed services team, ensure that appropriate cost models are used when deriving the cost of services and input into the maintenance of these cost models
- Manage the provision of costings and technical validation and input into the final service and solution designs for new customers
- Be a coach and mentor for your team, supporting their development and achieve their company and career goals
- Order intake
- Profitability of the solutions proposed
- Customer satisfaction and feedback
- Employee satisfaction / talent loss
- You’ll be a technology evangelist, both internally and externally, and will spread the word about the products and their commercial possibilities
- You’ll have demonstrable experience of security solutioning and pre-sales
- You’ll have extensive professional experience in working with Sales to help shape and qualify client opportunities to drive winning business outcomes for clients
- You’ll have vast experience of designing solutions that meet regulatory compliance for architecture as well as delivering measurable client value
- You have an excellent understanding of managed security services, specifically managed detection and response (MDR)
- You’re a team player and natural collaborator
- Right to work in the UK
As Head of Pre-Sales, your personal qualities naturally looks like these:
- You live and breathe your You know what’s going on, are up to date with the latest trends and developments
- You’re a skilled communicator with the ability to take complex technical concepts and translate them into plain English, making it accessible to all audiences
- You’ll be a storyteller and evangelist, infectious in your enthusiasm for your subject
- You’ve got excellent commercial instincts and are expert at spotting opportunities and calculating returns
- You’re a problem-solver, consultative in your approach, and like to roll your sleeves up and get involved in removing barriers and finding simple effective solutions
- You’re creative and flexible in your approach to problem-solving
- You bring organisation and process where it’s needed, and have the confidence to challenge processes which inhibit creativity and conflict with the business’ aims
- You’re naturally inquisitive with a passion for cyber security
- You’re an evangelist about technology
- You have the ability to work with ambiguity and a changing environment
- You’re agile, flexible and put the customer at the heart of your work
- Competitive salary, bonus & flex bens